Random, related things that I’ve seen in the media and thought might be interesting to my readers..
This one isn’t from the media, but I honestly think EVERYONE should read it. Best explanation of what it’s like to live with lupus that I’ve seen yet.:
The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino
Rob Thomas wrote a song “Her Diamonds on the Floor” on his Cradlesong album. The song is about his wife’s battle with autoimmune disorders and his struggle to know what he should do.
Ok this TED talk is not about someone with Lupus or Fibromyalgia, but I found it inspiring all the same. “Caroline Casey: Looking Past Limits.”
June 10, 2011
- New York Times. ‘You Look Great’ and Other Lies
May 31, 2011
May 10, 2011
March 22, 2011
March 9, 2011
- Lupus Foundation Lupus Foundation of America Applauds FDA’s Decision to Approve Benlysta®
- LFA answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Benlysta®
- FDA News Release: FDA approves Benlysta® to treat Lupus
March 1, 2010
November 29, 2010
November 24, 2010
- “Love and Other Drugs” — the main character is dealing with a Parkinson’s not lupus diagnosis, but her process of adjusting to diagnosis and how it affects her romantic life are still relevant.
October 27, 2010
- Fibromyalgia, is This What the Princess from “The Princess and the Pea” Had? by Linda Rogacki on Yahoo News
October 24, 2010
August 6, 2010
- Snoop Dogg talks about his daughter Cori’s struggle with lupus on The View
July 9, 2010
- Snoop Dogg opens up to People Magazine about his daughter, Cori’s, battle with lupus
June 10, 2010
June 1, 2010
May 27, 2010
May 26, 2010
May 20, 2010
- CNN. Can Caring Make You Sick? (effects on caregivers)
May 10, 2010
- New York Times. Cases. “Never Able to Forget a Chronic Illness”
May 6, 2010
- ABC. Grey’s Anatomy. Season 6, Episode 21 – How Insensitive.
April 21, 2010
- Fox. Bones. Season 5, Episode 18 – The Predator in the Pool.